Make Believe Terms & Conditions
1. These Terms & Conditions apply to Make Believe courses given to students, applied for and consented to by the parent or guardian (referred to hereinafter as “student”). Changes to these Terms & Conditions require the written consent of Make Believe
2. Course times and fees are given in the prospectus. Payment/transfer of funds for the first month constitute acceptance of an application. Receipt of the application and any deposit or fees paid at the time of application will be confirmed in writing along with all relevant course details
3. Fees are paid in advance on the first session of each month. The initial payment specified and all subsequent membership subscriptions must be paid in full to GoCardless. All subsequent membership subscriptions are payable at the beginning of the month to which they relate. If you fail to make a payment, our appointed finance company is authorised to act on our behalf in all respects relating to the recovery of any sums due from you and may recover the same in its own name. If the failure to pay is without good cause, and is not intended as notice of termination, our finance company is entitled to, and may charge you a £25 administration fee for dealing with the consequences of each default, which is a reasonable estimate of the administration costs which our finance company will incur. If charged, this sum will be added to your account/the next payment to be made
4. In the event of a student being absent, the full amount will still need to be paid. If a student is going away in the term period, a minimum of four weeks’ notice should be given and this will be deducted from your monthly fee. If it is a day less than a month of the required notice then you will still be liable for the payment
5. Courses take place once a week. The term dates for the following term will be made available for your viewing on our website; www.makebelievegroup.co.uk
6. Where a student is attending any course for the first time, they receive a free trial session. All Terms & Conditions must be signed on this session. However, the Terms & Conditions will not be activated until the first monthly payment is made
7. All students are signed up for three months; and payments are made monthly in advance via Direct Debit
8. Once the first payment is made the contract automatically continues
9. Make Believe requires one month’s notice for cancellation. In this situation the contract will expire on the last day of the notice period. Termination will only be accepted when received via our cancellation form. Please click here for the cancelation form.
10. Make Believe reserves the right to exclude students from lessons at its discretion
11. Make Believe reserves the right to make changes to the timetable and to the teaching staff
13. Fees are reviewed annually
14. Make Believe reserves the right to alter the Terms & Conditions without prior notice. Your payment to Make Believe is a contractual acceptance of these Terms & Conditions. Up-to-date information can be found on our website
15. Make Believe reserve the right to use any photography and/or video footage of students taken for any marketing material throughout the network
16. Our Make Believe unique student Starter Pack is compulsory – students must purchase the Starter Pack priced at £29.50 on their first day of joining. The pack includes a Make Believe uniform and a branded water bottle
17. Students participate at their own risk and are obliged to inform Make Believe and its staff of any existing injuries or medical conditions
18. Students are obliged to take care of their own belongings. Make Believe can accept no liability for getting them lost or damaged
19. The liability of Make Believe and that of its staff is restricted to class time only and then only to gross negligence
Make Believe Code of Conduct (this must be followed by each student whilst in our care)
• We do not tolerate bullying and inappropriate language
• We request that no valuables be brought into any class as we do not take responsibility for items getting lost
• Students are not permitted to eat or drink in class (unless medically required). Water is permitted.
• We request that no mobile phones be used in class. In the case of an emergency, the Principal always has a contact telephone
• Chewing gum is not permitted
• Students must show teachers the utmost respect at all times
• Students must show their fellow students the utmost respect at all times
• Students must follow the teachers’ instructions at all times. Disruption, lack of respect or general misbehaviour in class will not be tolerated
Ticket Terms & Conditions
All tickets remain the sole property of The Company. Tickets are non-transferable and must not be resold or transferred to any person or entity for commercial gain or otherwise (other than to a guest of the purchaser which is not transferred for commercial gain). If any tickets are resold or transferred (or are attempted to be resold or transferred) by anyone other than the official resellers of The Company, then the tickets will become void and the ticketholder will be a trespasser and may be refused entry to, or ejected from, the theatre. In such circumstances, The Company will not be under any obligation to offer a refund and such person may be liable to legal action.
The Company reserves the right to make alterations to the relevant theatre production without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets. Tickets cannot be refunded under any circumstances. If a performance is cancelled ticket holders will be offered alternative performances (subject to availability) up to the seat value on the ticket or a refund of the seat value. The Company will not be liable for any additional expenses incurred by customers of a cancelled performance. If a performance is cancelled and a new one is announced and a new date is made available, from the date when the new performance is announced, customers will have a cooling off period of 7 days from the date of the announcement to request a refund. After this 7-day cooling off period, no refunds will be issued under any circumstances.
Full price tickets may be exchanged at The Company’s discretion for an alternative performance up to 7 days prior to the performance time, subject to a per ticket administration fee. Any such administration fee will be notified to the purchaser prior to any exchange of tickets. It is not possible to exchange discounted tickets or tickets sold as a package. It is not possible to downgrade tickets.
Every member of the audience regardless of age, must be in possession of a valid ticket in order to gain entry to the theatre. Babies will not be admitted into the auditorium and children must be able to sit unaided in their own seat. In the interests of other customers, parents or guardians may be asked to remove noisy or disruptive children.
Ticket holders only have a right to a seat of the value corresponding to that stated on the ticket and The Company reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those stated on a ticket.
The purchaser agrees that by purchasing tickets, they have agreed to these terms and conditions on behalf of themselves and their guests and the purchaser shall at all times be responsible for their guests’ compliance with these terms and conditions.
Any comments or complaints regarding the view from a seat or the audibility of the performance should be made promptly to a member of theatre management before or during the performance.
The Company reserves the right to refuse admission in reasonable circumstances. Any customers who are intoxicated will be ejected from the theatre. In such circumstances no refunds of tickets will be given.
Mobile phones, pagers, digital watches, laser pens or any other electronic equipment should be disabled when inside the auditorium to avoid disturbing the cast and other customers.
Latecomers will only be admitted into the auditorium at a suitable break in the performance, but admission cannot always be guaranteed and exchanges or refunds for an alternative performance will not be permitted.
The use of photographic and any other recording equipment is strictly prohibited in the auditorium, The company reserves the right to delete unauthorised recordings and effect customers who are suspected of making recordings from the auditorium.
Customers may not bring food or drink into the building other than items purchased in the theatre. The Company reserves the right to refuse to serve alcohol to any customer that appears to be intoxicated.
Security searches may be conducted and The Company thanks customers in advance to their co-operation in helping us to ensure the safety of all customers.
Performances may be filmed or recorded on occasion by Make Believe. Ticketholders automatically consent to the filming or sound recording of themselves as audience members. If you have any objections to being filmed or recorded please contact a member of the Theatre management before the performance begins.
The Company does not accept responsibility for the loss or damage of any personal property or for any liability (to the fullest extent permitted by law).